One-click tools are famous for providing easy solutions to complicated guides and methods in just a few clicks. There is one such tool available for Sony Xperia devices as well. It makes flashing stock images (firmwares) and performing a few tweaks so easy.
Flashtool for Sony Xperia devices allows you to install stock firmwares, root your Sony Xperia phone, flash a custom recovery etc. in just a few clicks for an app built for Windows. This small tool offers a number of features for almost all the Sony Xperia Android phones.
Some of the features that this free tool offers are:
- Flash original Images (Android 1.6, 2.1, 2.3 Images)
- Root your phone
- Install Recovery, Busybox, custom kernels
- Clean your Rom (remove /system/apps apps of your choice) (Be careful, unless you really know what you do, do not modify the default list. This can make your phone stuck at the SE Logo)
- Clear dalvik cache
- Optimize (install of JIT v2) (Disabled in 0.4, will readd it as a plugin for 2.1 phones only)
- Customize (installs apps found in the custom/apps folder of the flashtool)
- Clean uninstalled (remove any references to system apps removed in the Clean (root needed) step)
- Edit any text file on the device
- Rebrand your device
Before downloading and even installing, disable your antivirus. The package is virus free. Antivirus complains about psneuter and zergRush root exploits and will stop you from using this tool.
Download Flashtool (Latest Version)
You can download the latest version of Flashtool from here: Download Flashtool
[…] have covered several Android tools and utilities for desktops: Flashtool, Universal Android Flasher etc. Now we have another one to share with you all – Android […]