It’s been a while since TWRP received any major update but today, TWRP has announced a big update for its recovery. TWRP is one of the most widely used recovery, along with ClockworkMod, for phones if you want to install a custom ROM in your smartphone. TWRP 3.0 is now announced and it comes with major new features.
The new version of TWRP comes with a completely new look. The new look is much modern and nice. A new true terminal emulator is also included. It also support flashing of factory images on some devices. Super SU prompt will not display if your device has Marshmallow installed. And AOSP base is updated to version 6.0.
Here is the official list of changes version 3.0 of TWRP Recovery brings:
- Completely new theme – Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
- True Terminal Emulator – Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
- Language translation – It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
- Flashing of sparse images – On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
- Adopted storage support for select devices – TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP – includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
- Update AOSP base to 6.0
- A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks