Google Camera 8.8 APK brings a much faster Night Sight to the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, along with some zoom UI tweak for the Pixel 7 series. Since this was first launched with the Pixel 7, night shots in particular have been much faster to process, have less noise and are much sharper, thanks to updates to HDR+ with Bracketing and new ML techniques.
After several months, Google has finally brought the same improvements to their last year’s flagship devices as part of the March 2023 Pixel Feature Drop update. Once you have installed this latest update, you will see a small circle on your Pixel 6 every time you open the Night Sight mode on the Google Camera app. This circle will allow you to change the exposure time when capturing low light shots.
All in all, this means google wants you to now decide if you want a faster Night Sight shot or a better image quality with a longer exposure.
Google updating their older flagship phones with newer features is one of our favourite reasons of why one should get these devices – and not just for the amazing camera features alone.
March 2023 Pixel Feature Drop
One of the highly anticipated announcements around this feature drop was Google bringing yet one more Pixel 7-exclusive feature to other devices. Magic Eraser is now available on all Pixel phones. A lot of users are already able to use it from their Google Photos app.
In case you missed all the features announced as part of the March 2023 Pixel Feature Drop, here is a refresher for you:
- Night Sight is much faster now
- Magic Eraser is available on more Pixel phones
- Save time (and sanity) with Direct My Call
- Elevate your health and fitness tracking game with Health Connect
- See timers across all of your Pixel devices without unlocking your phone
- Get help when you need it most with fall detection
- Customize your Pixel Watch so it works for you
And here are some existing features that Google is finally bringing to more regions, languages and devices:
- With ultra-wideband digital car key, you can keep your phone in your pocket or purse and your car will automatically unlock or lock as you approach or leave your car. You can also start your vehicle’s engine with your phone in your pocket instead of docking it on the interior phone tray. This feature will be available in the coming weeks.
- Fast Pair is now available on select Chromebooks, so you can automatically detect and pair your Pixel Buds or Fast Pair enabled-Bluetooth headphones to your Chromebook with just a tap or click.
- New emoji combinations are available on Emoji Kitchen for you to mash up, remix and share as stickers via Gboard.
- You can now use two eSIMs with Dual SIM Dual Standby on Pixel 7 and 7 Pro.
- Hold for Me is available in Japan (in addition to the U.S., Australia and Canada).
You might have missed, but the new Google Camera 8.8 is now fully compatible with the WearOS 2.0+ devices that are connected to Android phones. Not all the features work yet, but most of them do.
Download Google Camera 8.8 APK
If you already own a Google Pixel phone, you should be able to download and install the latest update from the Play Store. And for those who still do not see this update, you can always sideload the APK file. Google has not yet started rolling out this new version widely to all the users.
Here is the new Google Camera APK file:
If you need help in sideloading this APK file, or this is not working for you – drop us a comment below and our team will help you out with it.
This Google Camera 8.8 APK file should work fine with the Google Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. For older devices, you will have to wait for the GCAM 8.8 port to be released.
Also for those waiting for the latest GCam port for older Android devices, we got you covered. We will update this page as soon as the first port is out and released for you to try.
How to Install Google Camera 8.8 APK
To download and install this APK file on your Android phone, simply follow these steps:
- Download Google Camera 8.8 APK from the download link above
- Copy the file over to your phone and install the APK just like how you would install any other file
- You need to have a Files Manager installed i.e. Solid Explorer or Google Files
- Enable the, ‘Install from Unknown Sources,’ option if you have not enabled it yet.
- You can now start using the new Google Camera app!
GCam 8.8 APK (BSG Mod)
GCam 8.8 APK download is now out by the popular developer that goes by the name BSG. This is the very first modded version of the Google Camera 8.8, and we are glad to bring you the download link here – just as promised.
There is no changelog yet from BSG, just that he has already brought all the changes from the previous GCam 8.7 release:
– The first release of the google camera modification 22.214.171.1244217832.10 (the application may not work stably on some devices).
– Added all fixes from version 126.96.36.1999933554.19
You can download GCam 8.8 APK (Mod) from the link below:
|Developer / Modder:||Google Inc. / BSG|
This is everything you need to know regarding the Google Camera 8.8 APK and GCam 8.8 APK (BSG Mod) files. You can easily sideload these on your phone and enjoy the new features that have been announced and released as part of the March 2023 Pixel Feature Drop update.