Android is the most popular smartphone OS and more than a million apps are available for it on Google Play Store. There are thousands of Android phones available but not all of them offer a lot of internal storage to install all of your favorite apps and games. Some flagship phones, like the Xiaomi Mi 6, offer up to 128 GB of internal storage so that you can enjoy all of your favorite apps but most of the low-end and mid-range smartphones only offer 16 GB of internal storage.
But most of the phones have the option to expand the memory with a Micro SD card. But some devices do not allow you to move your apps to the SD card, leaving only the internal storage as the primary storage for your apps.
Fortunately, we have a solution for this. There is a tool available for Windows and Mac which lets you format your SD card as your internal storage. So that you can have a lot of internal storage and you can install all of your favorite apps.
Tool Features and Benefits
- You can format your SD card as your internal storage.
- You can install as many apps as you want in your internal storage.
- No more “Not enough internal storage” errors.
- It is available for Windows and Linux.
- Keep in mind that only Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above devices are supported by this tool. Don’t try it on Android Lollipop or lower devices.
- Backup your SD card data as all data on your SD card will be removed during this process.
- Your device should be at least 50% charged.
- USB Debugging must be enabled under Settings > Developer Options. [How to Enable USB Debugging]
Format SD Card to Use as Internal Storage – Instructions:
Here are the quick and easy instructions on how to format your SD card into an internal storage for Android phone / tablet. We recommend reading through the whole tutorial first before actually performing it with your phone.
Step 1 – Download the tool (aftiss_b2.zip) to your computer and unzip it.
Step 2 – Connect your device to your PC with a USB cable.
Step 3 – Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
Step 4 – Run “aftiss.cmd” on Windows or “aftiss.sh” on Linux.
Step 5 – Select one of the 4 simple options that are given.
Step 6 – Once you select the option, the tool will begin to format your SD card as your internal storage.
That’s it! Your SD card is now formatted as internal storage. You can install a lot of apps as you now have a lot of internal storage on your device.