Get a detailed unboxing experience of the Nokia 8 right ahead! HMD Global released the Nokia 8 back in 2017 as there top of the line smartphone with premium hardware. The phone was recieved well among Nokia enthusiasts thanks to its Nokia DNA and amazing software. Fortunately, we have the Nokia 8 with us and you can view the unboxing procedure right ahead. HMD Global has already come out with a new iteration of the Nokia 8, known as the Nokia 8 Sirocco, but that only means, you can get the Nokia 8 at even more affordable price! View Nokia 8 unboxing given right below.
The headlining features of the Nokia 8 include the dual lens camera system with ZEISS optics, top of the line audio capabilities and an amazing aluminium body crafted from a single block. What sets it apart even more is the software it runs. Nokia 8 currently runs Android 8.1 Oreo – the latest Android revision by Google at the time of writing. We will soon be doing an in-depth review of the whole device pretty soon but for now, read about the Nokia 8 unboxing right ahead.
Nokia 8 – Technical Specifications:
A first impressions is incomplete without listing the actual technical specifications.
- Size 151.5mm x 73.7mm x 7.9mm
- Colors Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel, Polished Copper
Network and connectivity:
- Network speed LTE Cat. 9, 3CA, 450Mbps DL/50Mbps UL
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (MIMO), BT 5.0, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+BDS, NFC (sharing) ANT+
- Operating system Android™ Oreo
- RAM 4 GB LPPDDR4X
- CPU Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform, Octa core, (4*2.5GHz Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU + 4*1.8GHz Kryo)
- Internal memory 64 GB UFS2.1
- MicroSD card slot Up to 256 GB
- Connector 3.5mm AHJ headphone jack
- Size and type 5.3” IPS QHD
- Resolution 2560 x 1440
- Material Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5, 2.5D Glass
Camera and flash
- Primary camera 13 MP (Colour + OIS) + 13 MP (Mono), 1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9˚, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Front-facing camera 13 MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4˚, display flash
Connectivity and sensors
- Connectivity Type C, USB3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps)
- Sensors Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer
- SIM slot 1 nano-SIM slot + 1 nano-SIM or 1 MicroSD card slot
Battery and charging
- Battery type 3090mAh, non-removable
- Splashproof (IP54)
Nokia 8 Unboxing
HMD Global has set a standard for packaging that it follows for each device it ships to users. On the front, there is a mesmerizing graphic representing the front of the phone. As for the shape of the box, it is quite close to a square shape, which gives it larger surface area however, the depth is reduced.
The top half of the box slides off, revealing the smartphone placed on one side and other contents tucked on the sides. Right off the bat, our unit was the 64GB variant in Tempered Blue color. You can choose between matte finish or a glossy one, the device with us was finished in matte. Right as you hold the phone, you instantly feel the heft and density, which is quite confidence inspiring. Further, the phone has higher top and bottom chins but that makes it symmetrical and allows for fingerprint sensor on the front.
Continuing, on the left side of the smartphone, we find a smaller box which carries the charger and USB Type-C cable. HMD Global includes a fast charger for the Nokia 8 along with USB 3.1 Type-C cable to go along with the phone. Next, the cavity left where the smartphone was placed carries literature and beneath it are the headphones. Before you throw away the text, make sure you remove the SIM removal tool as the Nokia 8 features a closed back design.
The phone, immediately, doesn’t give off any unique characteristics but once you hold it, the craftsmanship really shows. Further, the camera module comes with a chamfered edge which gives the section a nice glow.
Nokia 8 – What’s Inside The Box
Here are all the box contents for the Nokia 8.
- Your Nokia 8
- Charging/data cable
- Quick guide
- SIM door key
Full unboxing pictures below: