OnePlus One can now be updated to the latest Android 8.1.0 Oreo, all thanks to Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom firmware. This is a fully working Android 8.1.0 Oreo custom firmware for OnePlus One. Besides the official Android 7.1.1 Oreo features, this custom firmware provides some aftermarket features to play with and modify your device to make it truly users. And with that, you will be able to update OnePlus One to Android 8.1.0 Resurrection Remix 6.0 Oreo using this complete tutorial.. And with that, you will be able to update OnePlus One to 8.1.0 Resurrection Remix 6.0 Oreo using this complete tutorial. Not necessary, but it would be better if your phone is rooted and has a custom recovery installed. A custom recovery will be needed to install 8.1.0 based Resurrection Remix 6.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files, since this is not an official OnePlus firmware update.
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Resurrection Remix 6.0 ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo based custom ROM, your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone. As a OnePlus One user, you have several options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
8.1.0 Resurrection Remix 6.0 Oreo ROM Details:
This amazing Resurrection Remix 6.0 custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on 8.1.0 Oreo. A quick list of the main features in Resurrection Remix 6.0 is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your OnePlus One:
-Navbar Button Customization smartbar
-Double Tap To sleep navbar-Statusbar
-Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
-SuperUser Indicator Switch
-Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
-Carrier Label Switch
-Carrier label Color
-Carrier Label Size
-Time & date
-Day & date Toogle
-Center/Right/Left Clock Choice
-Clock Font Styles
-Battery Bar customization
-Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
-Battery % Text
-Network Traffic Indicator
-Network Traffic Arrows Switch
-Network traffic Color
-Statusbar RR Logo
-RR logo Color
-Weather Font Style
-Ticker Text color
-Ticker Icon Color-Animations
-Power Menu Animations
-Gestures Anywhere Feature
-3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture-App Circle Bar
-Choose apps in AppSidebar
-Choose apps in App circle
-Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom)
-More Pie Features
-Clear All button Switch
-Clear All Tasks Switch
-Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
-Full Screen Recents
-CLock And Alarm Customizations
-Weather Panel Customizations
-Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
-Lockscreen General Shorcuts
-100+ Icons for Shortcuts
-Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
-Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
-Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
-Lockscreen Weather Widget
-Lockscreen Icons Color
-Quick Settings Draggable Tiles
-Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment
-Number of columns/rows
-LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
-Disable Immersive Mode Messages
-Force Expand Notification
-Notification Panel Transperency
-Volume Dialog Transperency
-Notification Panel Stroke
-Volume Dialog Stroke
-Advanced Reboot Menu
-Power Menu Customizations
-Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot)
-Power Menu End Calls Switch
-On the Go Mode
-Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
-Home Button answer call
-Long Press Actions
-Double Tap Actions
-Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
-Short Press Actions
-Long Press Actions
-Search Button(If Device Supports)
-Short Press Action
-Long Press Action
-Wake Up Device
-Ringtone Volume Control
-Keyboard Cursor Control
-Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
-Volume Key Answer
-Selinux Switch (Switch Between Permissive and Enforcing Selinux if Device has Selinux Enabled)
-Disable Battery Saver Warning Color
-Cammera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable
-Enabled By default
-Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP
-StatusBar Icons Cuzomizations
-Quick Settings Customizations
-Expanded Desktop Mode
-Heads Up Switch and customizations
-Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation
-Lock Screen Autorotate Switch
-Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow
-Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture
-Prevent Accidental Wakeup
-Wake Phone on Charging Plug
-Battery Light Customizations
-Notification Light Customizations
-CM privacy guard
-Performance Tweaks(Kernel Aduitor Inbuilt)
-CM root inbuilt
-A Whole new RR Configurations
-OverAll Smoothness Improvements
-Optimizations to Improve Battery
-Includes All Android Oreo Features
-Includes ALL CM14.1 Features
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the OnePlus One, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Cyanogen OS 12: How to Update OnePlus One to Cyanogen OS 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Software Update.
- Install OxygenOS: Update OnePlus One to OxygenOS Lollipop Official ROM.
- Install Oreo: How to Install Try and Install Android 7.0 Oreo on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of OnePlus One custom ROMs, click here!
Like this Resurrection Remix 6.0 ROM based on the latest 8.1.0? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
OnePlus One USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for OnePlus One properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download OnePlus One USB drivers!
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup Android ROM. How? –> How to Backup Android ROM with Nandroid / Recovery.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat and Lollipop.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model. And also make sure you have an unlocked bootloader (except Samsung).
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also benefit from these tips!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update OnePlus One to 8.1.0 Resurrection Remix 6.0 Oreo custom firmware.