Here is a complete guide on how you can root your Huawei Mate 10 / Mate 10 Pro running Android 8.0 Oreo firmware. Huawei’s premier flagship for 2017 can now be easily rooted through this simple guide. The Mate 10, out of the box, runs Android 8.0 Oreo and in order to gain root, you need to first have an unlocked bootloader. We covered a separate dedicated post on how you can unlock the Mate 10 bootloader. Once you are done with the bootloader, you can proceed to read our step-by-step tutorial for gaining root given right ahead for the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
As you continue reading, our guide will explain how you can root Huawei Mate 10 with EMUI 8. Please make sure you backup your data before proceeding with the tutorial, as we do not want anyone to lose their data. It is possible that once you are rooting, your phone might factory reset.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Root Huawei Mate 10 – Funky Huawei Tool (SuperSU) Details:
Funky Huawei Tool is an all-in-one utility that helps to root Huawei Mate 10 / Mate 10 Pro by installing SuperSU. This tool utilizes a bunch of scripts and compiles them with an easy to understand interface. We will be taking you through each step required to root your device.
SuperSU is one of our favorite rooting packages as it comes with all the binaries needed to gain root access on your different Android phones. Not just this, the SuperSU app is much more robust and comes with better features than the previously popular SuperUser ap
Related Posts to Huawei Mate 10:
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Huawei Mate 10, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 10.
- Install Oreo: How to Try and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
Huawei Mate 10 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download Huawei Mate 10 USB drivers!
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps.
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read: How to Backup Android Apps, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Call History.
Huawei users can also back up data using Huawei HiSuite to your computer. HiSuite tool helps to move data across different Android devices and manage your phone directly from a computer. You can easily transfer your data between the phone and your laptop.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. [Tutorial: How to Backup Android Phone using TWRP]
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue reading below and root Huawei Mate 10 running either Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow or Android 7.0 Nougat.
How to Root Huawei Mate 10 with Funky Huawei Tool
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Huawei Mate 10 with SuperSU. Please read every line carefully below. We suggest that you should read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This root method tutorial is only for Huawei Mate 10. Please don’t try this on any other phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- This will void your warranty.
- Bootloader should be unlocked. How? Read: How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 10.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Funky Huawei Tool (FHMate10Tool_201711115.zip) to your computer and extract the ZIP file.
Step 2 – Connect your Huawei Mate 10 and make sure it is properly recognized.
Step 3 – Launch the EXE file from the folder you extracted in Step 1.
Step 4 – From the displayed options, the first should be for Root. Type 1 in the command line and press enter.
Step 5 – Once you hit enter, there would be few more pop-ups indicating that the root process has started.
Step 6 – The root process will finish itself and the phone boot up with everything erased and SuperSU installed.
That’s it. Your Huawei Mate 10 has now been rooted with SuperSU package. Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.
You may also like to check out our Huawei Mate 10 section for official firmware updates, custom ROMs, tips and other tutorials.