For new owners, here is how to install OnePlus Nord USB drivers on Windows as well as macOS operating systems. Despite all Android phones running fundamentally the same OS, the hardware is almost always proprietary hence creating the need for proprietary drivers. In order to make sure your computer correctly recognizes your OnePlus Nord once you plug it in, correct USB drivers are required. Fortunately enough, the procedure is simple and we have this complete article dedicated towards OnePlus Nord drivers. These will make sure you have reliable data transfers and ensure proper recognition of your phone for any computer-based utilities that you might want to run.
The dream remains to be a wireless future where large data transfers don’t require a wire but till then, we still have to rely on physical connections between our phones and our computers. Further, as computers tend to get replaced less frequently as compared to phones and have cheaper storage, many users archive their content — photos, music, movies etc — on them. And with the arrival of a new phone means connecting it to the computer to transfer over older data. Now, before you do this process with OnePlus Nord, we recommend installing proper USB drivers for it by following the steps ahead.
Download OnePlus Nord USB Drivers
Official USB drivers installation is an essential step that every new owner needs to perform in order to get their computers working properly with their new OnePlus Nord. While Android phones are transitioning to a cloud-based setup where you can download and upload your data wirelessly, large media files are still stored on traditional computer hard drives. More, utilities like ADB, Fastboot and other programs also require correct drivers to operate.
Through the next sections, we will guide you through all the steps for installing OnePlus Nord USB drivers on both Windows and macOS. In addition to traditional drivers, we have OnePlus Nord ADB and Fastboot drivers attached as well.
OnePlus Nord USB Drivers for Windows 10
Here are the latest OnePlus Nord USB drivers you can download for Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 7:
|OnePlus Nord||Download USB Driver|
NOTE: These drivers for OnePlus Nord are only designed to work on Windows PC. For Mac or Linux systems, there is a different method to connect your device that we have discussed ahead along with different OnePlus Nord USB drivers.
How to Connect OnePlus Nord to Windows PC
Here is the complete procedure on how to connect OnePlus Nord for data transfer. Through these steps you can connect your OnePlus Nord with Windows PC:
- Step 1 – Download OnePlus Nord USB Drivers from the links above and install it on your computer. After installation, you will not see any new icons on desktop and programs list.
- Step 2 – Connect your OnePlus Nord to the PC with a USB-C cable.
- Step 3 – Now wait for the computer to recognize the device and install / setup necessary files and drivers.
- Step 4 – You will notice several files being installed. Once completed, open My Computer or This PC to find your phone.
- Step 5 – Double-click on your phone and now you are ready to browse through your OnePlus Nord on Windows PC.
Download OnePlus Nord Drivers for Mac
For Mac, to connect your OnePlus Nord, you need to follow a different procedure as compared to Windows. Creators of Android, Google, provides a small utility that you can use to connect any Android phone and transfer content. This tool is called Android File Transfer and it is available for free download below. In our tests, OnePlus Nord is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave and macOS Catalina — upcoming macOS 11 Big Sur should hopefully be compatible as well.
Android File Transfer comes with basic functionality to manage files and folders your OnePlus Nord. You can drag-and-drop files from your MacBook to the phone, create new folders to organize data or even delete files that you no longer need.
To make this work, you only need your OnePlus Nord phone with you and a USB-C cable to connect your phone. We highly recommend using the USB-C cable that came with your phone inside the box for best data transfer speeds and no compatibility issues.
After you have the utility downloaded on your macOS machine, these are the steps you need to follow to configure it:
- Step 1 – Download Android File Transfer and install it on your Mac computer.
- Step 2 – Connect your OnePlus Nord with the computer using a USB-C cable.
- Step 3 – Now wait for the computer to recognize the device. It may take a few seconds more if this is your first time connecting a new Android device.
- Step 4 – Tap ‘Allow‘ on your phone screen to allow the phone to communicate with the computer.
- Step 5 – Android File Transfer window will automatically open up with your internal phone memory directories.
After completing the procedure, verify by copying over files to your OnePlus Nord.
OnePlus Nord ADB / Fastboot Drivers
For developers who want to run and test apps on their OnePlus Nord or even for enthusiasts who are looking to install custom recoveries and other mods, Fastboot drivers are essential. Relying on core Android, these drivers work with your phone to provide system-level access for your computer. To set up ADB and Fastboot using Android SDK / Android Studio, we have separate tutorials for Windows and Mac.
If you don’t plan on installing Android SDK, you can also directly download Fastboot and ADB utilities for your OnePlus Nord with the following link:
How to Enable Files Transfer Mode on OnePlus Nord
By default, your OnePlus Nord is not set to transfer files between your phone and a computer when you connect it with a USB cable. Not sure if this is for security purposes, but you need to enable it every time you connect your OnePlus Nord to PC or Mac. You can follow these steps to enable File Transfer mode:
- Step 1 – Connect your OnePlus Nord to a Windows PC / MacBook with a USB-C cable.
- Step 2 – Once connected, by default you will be on “Charge only” mode.
- Step 3 – To enable transfer files, go to Settings on your phone.
- Step 4 – Navigate to “System” -> “Bluetooth & device connection” -> “USB” -> choose “File Transfer”
- Step 5 – Select this option if you want to enable your phone storage for your computer.
This completes the installation and configuration of official OnePlus Nord USB drivers. Your computer, be it macOS or Windows, should now properly recognize the phone and allow utilities like Fastboot and ADB to work seamlessly.
If you ran into issues with downloads or steps, do let us know in the comments!