If you own a Realme 3 Pro, here is how to get official TWRP custom recovery running on it. Supporting enthusiasts and modding culture of Android, Realme, as a brand, allows users to unlock bootloader of their phones which then allows for modification such as installation of a custom recovery. Further, TeamWin and supporting developers have been quick to come up with a stable Realme 3 Pro TWRP build that can now be downloaded directly with this guide. Using our detailed step-by-step guide below, you can easily flash your Realme 3 Pro with official TWRP custom recovery.
TWRP custom recovery has grown to become quite a versatile tool with multiple functions and features. Be it advanced partition formatting or backing up user data, TWRP is surely a one-stop solution. Now, in order to get TWRP custom recovery running on Realme 3 Pro, we will utilize ADB and fastboot utilities. If you don’t know much about these, don’t worry, we have it all explained ahead! Before you begin, make sure of two things, one there should be a latest backup of your phone and you should have unlocked your phone’s bootloader.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are some other interesting posts on Team Android, We think you might like the following posts:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Realme 3 Pro Bootloader
- Install Android Q: How to Install Android Q on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
- Benefits of Rooting your phone: If you are planning to root your phone in the future, you might be interested in reading the benefits of rooting your phone.
Realme 3 Pro USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for properly. If not, you can download the latest Huawei official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
HOW TO: Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Realme 3 Pro
Here is the complete and easy guide to install TWRP custom recovery on your Realme 3 Pro.
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked, if it isn’t you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings>About Phone and tapping on build number multiple times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options. Make sure that the USB Debugging is checked.
- Backup all the data as installing a custom recovery might delete all of your data.
- Charge your phone up to 50% first and make sure your phone does not shut down during the procedure or it might damage your phone.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
Step 1 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-windows-latest.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-darwin-latest.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-linux-latest.zip
Step 2 – Connect your Realme 3 Pro to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3 – Download TWRP (twrp-3.3.1-1-RMX1851.img) and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
Step 4 – Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.