Interested in experimenting with mods? Here is how to unlock booloader on Realme 2 Pro. Unlike other brands which are closing down on bootloader unlocks, Realme has finally opened users to unlock bootloader on its new Realme 2 Pro phones. This is quite an exceptional move as not only will this encourage developers to release and create third-party mods but it will also prove as a key point when users are looking to buy a new Android phone in the range of Realme 2 Pro. With an unlocked bootloader, users can have their device rooted, running custom ROMs and other third-party mods which Android is famous for. To have your Realme 2 Pro bootloader unlocked, we have compiled all the steps in this singular guide so continue reading ahead.
The unlock procedure for Realme 2 Pro is a bit lengthier but that is much better compared to having no option of unlocking any day. As for the things needed for this guide, users would be required to have ADB / Fastboot tools, official unlock app, Realme 2 Pro and also preferably the official USB cable for connecting it to your PC. After unlocking, your phone will be eligible to flash custom files such as ROMs, custom recoveries and even root packages. Before we list down the instructions, it is important to note that doing a bootloader unlock causes a factory reset. To prepare for that, we recommend you backup all your data.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Realme 2 Pro phone, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Hide Notch: How to Hide Notch on Realme 2 Pro
- Install Android Pie: How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of custom ROMs on Team Android, visit our Custom ROM section!
Realme 2 Pro USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Realme 2 Pro properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps.
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read: How to Backup Android Apps, Text Messages, WhatsApp, Call History.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. [Tutorial: How to Backup Android Phone using TWRP]
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Android Oreo, Pie smartphones.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend not to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
5. [IMPORTANT] Copy all the backup files from your SD card to your computer as internal memory will be wiped clean while unlocking the bootloader.
If you are a developer and would want to unlock the bootloader, we recommend doing that before you set up the Google Play Store, install apps or anything because the security feature in Android clears out everything from your phone when unlocking bootloader of a phone.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to unlock Realme 2 Pro bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 2 Pro
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to unlock bootloader on Realme 2 Pro. If you are used to unlocking bootloaders on any previous Nexus devices, then this should not be any different for you.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This unlocking bootloader tutorial is only for Realme 2 Pro. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This tutorial has been performed on Windows, but anyone familiar with Fastboot on Mac or Linux can perform this as well.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as it will erase all data.
- You will void your warranty by unlocking the bootloader.
- Realme 2 Pro
- USB cable
- Android SDK with drivers (tutorial link given below)
Step 1 – Go to Settings of your phone then About and then find the IMEI. You should now provide this IMEI and sign up for the in-depth test via this form. Once fille, the review will take approx 1-7 days. If your smartphone model and version are approved, you will receive an OTA package that supports the in-depth test. You should install that OTA.
Step 2 – Download and install the Unlock Tool app on your phone. If you don’t know how to install an APK, read our guide on how to install Android APK manually.
Download App: DeepTesting_realme-release_signed.apk
Step 3 – Now open the app and click “Start applying”.
Step 4 – Go through the disclaimer, tick the checkbox, and submit your application.
Step 5 – After approximately 1 hour of submission, the unlock tool will show the status of unlocking. If it is successful, proceed ahead.
NOTE: In some scenarios, you might need to exit out of the application, re-open it and check Status Query.
Step 6 – You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and press and hold the power key to reboot the device. You will then enter the fastboot mode.
Step 7 – Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install. Also set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Tutorial given here: How to Set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows or on Mac.
Step 7 – Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Download from the following links depending on your OS and extract it anywhere in your computer.
- Windows: Download platform-tools-windows-latest.zip
- MacOS: Download platform-tools-darwin-latest.zip
- Linux: Download platform-tools-linux-latest.zip
Step 8 – If you already have Android SDK, then you can just download Fastboot and extract it in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.
Step 9 – Now enter the following command, after connecting your phone, in command prompt.
fastboot flashing unlock