Team Carbon is back and this time they’ve cooked up Android 7.1.1 Nougat based custom firmware for Xperia Z3 Dual. This ROM is purely AOSP based which means you’ll get the most authentic Android experience. Moreover, you’ll get some great aftermarket features to customise your Xperia Z3 Dual. If interested in Android 7.1.1 for other phones, check out our new Custom ROMs section. You can update Xperia Z3 Dual to Android 7.1.1 CarbonROM V5.1 Nougat custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Sony, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 7.1.1 CarbonROM V5.1 Nougat ROM on Xperia Z3 Dual with complete steps using CWM recovery. We also have several tips on how to backup your phone data and also some more tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on the next page. You will have to wipe your previous personal data and apps as usual when installing custom ROMs. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial 😉
Android 7.1.1 CarbonROM V5.1 Nougat ROM Details:
This amazing CarbonROM V5.1 custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in CarbonROM V5.1 is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Xperia Z3 Dual:
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
- AOSP Look & Feel.
- Fast & Smooth.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Team Android for the Sony Xperia Z3 Dual, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Try Lollipop on Computer: How to Try and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Computer – Complete Guide.
- Android 7.1.1 Custom ROMs: For a complete collection of Xperia Z3 Dual custom ROMs, click here!
Like this CarbonROM V5.1 ROM based on the latest Android 7.1.1? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
If you plan on rooting this phone or are still confused for why to root Sony Xperia Z3 Dual, read: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Sony Xperia Z3 Dual USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Sony Xperia Z3 Dual properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Sony users can also back up data using Sony PC Companion. If you backup data manually, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Sony Xperia Z3 Dual backup data to HTC One X.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
4. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on Team Android are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update Xperia Z3 Dual to Android 7.1.1 CarbonROM V5.1 Nougat custom firmware.