Google Tasks app is available from the Play Store and you can download it on your smartphone or tablet running Android 4.1 or above with this guide. The new Tasks is a stand-alone app from Google. It comes as a part of G-Suite — Google’s first party apps and services — such as Gmail and Keep. Previously, the most prominent to-do list management app that boasted Google’s sync system was GTasks. Now, with the introduction of Google Tasks, there is no need to resort to third-party apps. Ahead, we will talk more about the features of the new Google Tasks app and what it offers, along with a download link.
Google services users were previously accustomed to using Keep — Google’s app for note taking — for all their to-do list needs but, frankly speaking, that wasn’t the goal behind it. Rather, Keep was meant for simply noting down thoughts. Google Tasks provides a more focused environment where you can add tasks, manage them on the fly, set reminders and even seamlessly sync all of them with your Gmail account. As this is part of the G-Suite, it isn’t device dependent. You can easily manage Tasks from different devices such as your computer or your tablet rather than just your smartphone but on the premise that you are signed in with the same Google account.
Google Tasks – Feature List
As discussed, the Tasks app is filled with functions and new features. To give you a complete overview, below we have attached the complete and official feature list for Google Tasks:
- Create task lists with your most important to-dos
- View, edit and manage tasks on the go, from any device
- Manage tasks created in Gmail or Calendar on the web from your mobile device
- Add details and create subtasks
- Break down your tasks into subtasks
- Add details about the work that you need to focus on
- Edit details about any task as your work progresses
- View tasks created from emails
- Create a task directly from an email in Gmail
- View your tasks in the side panel of Gmail
- Trace a task back to its source email
- Stay on track with due dates and notifications
- Set a due date for every task to help you achieve your goals
- Organise your tasks by date or prioritise using drag-and-drop
- Receive due date notification reminders to keep your tasks on track
- Part of G Suite
- Bring Google’s suite of powerful, intelligent apps to your business
- Leverage Google’s AI to bring data insights and analysis to every employee
- Connect with your team seamlessly using one suite: Gmail, Tasks, Calendar & more
If you are already tied in on Google’s services such as Keep, Gmail, Calendar, this Tasks app will be a great addition and will help to bring everything together.
Google Tasks App in Pictures:
Download Google Tasks from Google Play Store:
The app has just been released on the Play Store. It is compatible with all Android devices which are running Android 4.1 or above. Get it from the link ahead.
Google Play Store: Download Google Tasks on Google Play Store.
Do let us know about your experience with the new app. Would you be shifting from any other To-Do list apps, if yes, then which ones?