HMD Global had a very successful 2017 and to continue that trend, it has come back stronger with multiple smartphone releases at its MWC 2018 event. There are in total of 4 new smartphone releases from Nokia MWC 2018 event and a single feature phone release. Starting off, HMD Global has launched its first ever Android Oreo Go edition phone, the Nokia 1. Moving on, Nokia 6 from last year has also received its sequel in the form of Nokia 6 2018. The newer smartphone carries the iconic design but with loads of improvements beneath. Then there is the new Nokia 7 Plus which is the brand’s first ever minimal bezel smartphone. Lastly, HMD Global has launched a special edition Nokia 8 named as the Nokia 8 Sirocco. Keep reading to find technical specs and pricing & availability info for all the phones.
Alongside these major smartphone releases, HMD Global managed to sneak in the new Nokia 8110 4G phone which is a redo of the older one. This feature phone is similar to what HMD Global had during last year, Nokia 3310. This feature phone, however, is packed with slightly better hardware than the 3310. It also gets the option of Google apps, search and more. Snake game is loaded as well.
We are listing the details in ascending order of model numbers.
Nokia 1 – Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 133.6×67.78×9.5mm
- Processor: MediaTek MT6737M Quad Core 1.1GHz
- RAM: 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 8 GB eMMC internal memory⁴ with MicroSD card slot
- Battery: Removable 2150mAh battery
- Display: 4.5-inch FWVGA IPS
- 5MP FF with LED Flash
- 2MP FF
- OS: Android Oreo Go Edition
The Nokia 1 is set to go on sale at the beginning of April 2018 for 85 Euros.
Nokia 6 2018 – Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 148.8×75.8×8.15mm
- Display: 5.5 inch Full HD
- Processor: Qualcom Snapdragon 630 Processor
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32 / 64GB
- Primary Camera: 16Mp, 1.0um, f/2.0
- Front Camera: 8Mp, 1.12um, f/2.0 selfie camera
- Battery: 3000mAh
Customers can purchase the new Nokia 6 2018 from April 2018 for average price of 275 Euros.
Nokia 7 Plus – Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 158.38×75.64×7.99 mm (9.55 mm with camera bump)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR 4
- Storage: 64 GB internal memory with MicroSD card slot (up to 256 GB support)
- Battery: Integrated 3800mAh
- Display: 6” IPS LCD full HD+ (2160 x 1080, 18:9)
- Primary camera:
- 12MP, 1.4um f1.75, 2PD, ZEISS with dual-tone flash
- 13MP, 1.0um, F2.6, ZEISS
- Secondary camera:
- 16MP FF 1.0um, F2.0, ZEISS
- Primary camera:
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
The Nokia 7 Plus will arrive in April 2018 for average price of 399 euros.
Nokia 8 Sirocco – Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 140.93×72.97×7.5 mm
- Processor: Qualcomm™ Snapdragon® 835 Mobile Platform
- RAM: 6 GB LPPDDR 4X
- Storage: 128G GB USF2.1 internal user memory
- Battery: Integrated 3260mAh battery
- Display: 5.5” QHD pOLED, 3D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
- 12MP wide, 2L7, 1.4um, 2PD, f/1.75, FOV 78”
- 13MP tele, 3M3, 1.0um, f/2.6, FOV 47.3”, dual-tone flash
- 5MP, 4E8, 1.4um, F/2.0, FF, display flash
- OS: Android Oreo
The premium Nokia 8 Sirocco would be available for 749 euros from April 2018.
Nokia 8110 4G – Technical Specifications:
- Connectivity: Upto 4G
- Processor: Qualcomm 205 Mobile Chipset
- Google Search, Assistant
- Snake Game
- Slide to answer call
- Storage: 4GB Internal
- RAM: 512MB
- Camera: 2MP Primary
- Display: 2.4 inch QVGA
- Battery: 1500mAh
- OS: Smart Feature OS
You would be able to get Nokia 8110 4G for 75 Euros from April 2018.