Andy Rubin, a name strongly associated with Android, has recently taken the wraps off of his new smartphone called Essential. Despite it being another Android phone release, this comes from a man who started Android. This means, the phone must be something spectacular and by the looks of it, it actually is. Sporting a bezel-less screen much like the Galaxy S8 but extending to the edges even more. It also has a a very minimal design and some nice tricks up its sleeves. The overall phone is designed to be a premium one as declared by the materials used on the exterior. Also, the Essential phone doesn’t carry any branding which cements the minimal design look. Read further to find out more details about the Essential phone.
The Essential phone packs in some of the highest end hardware available on the market. From it’s Snapdragon 835 chip to 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, it shouts high-end. If we take a look at other specs, no stones have been left un-turned as the phone features Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the front. However, there is no headphone jack on the phone which again will spike controversy among users. Nonetheless, the Essential phone will be shipping soon with a price tag of $699.
Essential Phone – Specifications
For the enthusiasts out there, here are the key specifications for the Essential Phone.
- Operating System Android (version unknown)
- Display 5.7-inch 2560×1312 505ppi Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 2.45GHz octa-core Kryo 280 CPU, Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM 4GB
- Storage 128GB (UFS 2.1)
- Expandable No
- Rear Camera Dual 13MP camera (RGB + Mono) f/1.85 lens, PDAF, laser autofocus 4K video at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps or 720p at 120fps
- Front Camera 8MP with f/2.20 lens 4K video at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps or 720p at 120fps
- Battery 3040mAh non-removable
- Charging fast charging
- Water resistance No
- Connectivity USB-C, Wi-Fi ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC, GPS and GLONASS
- Network LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/11/12/13/17/20/21/25/26/28/29/30/66 TDD-LTE Bands 38/39/40/41/42/43
- Dimensions 141.5 x 71.1 x 7.8mm
- Weight 185g
- Colors Black Moon, Pure White, Stellar Grey, Ocean Depths
More details will arrive once the device makes its way to users.
Right now, the phone seems quite promising.